[OPLINTECH] Patron Management Software

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Fri Oct 30 12:42:54 EDT 2009

I can't help you with the pc registration but, a simple samba print server
using the CUPS web interface is what we use for printing.

I've included a print screen of the interface if you're interested in what
it looks like. The only problem is that CUPS doesn't have drivers for every
printer. So to get some printers to work, you need to print raw from the
client to the print server. This works pretty good except page count will
not be correct as it can't count the pages if it's sent in raw format. It
will tell you the kb size of the file and that will give you a pretty good
idea if your patron has tried to print 50 pages of something.

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor

Meigs County District Public Library

 <mailto:willda at oplin.org> willda at oplin.org

740.992.5813

740.992.6140 (fax)

MCDPL

The difference between fiction and reality?

Fiction has to make sense.

Tom Clancy