[OPLINTECH] Win 7 and roaming profile

JKENZIG JKENZIG at cuyahogalibrary.org
Tue Apr 27 12:01:12 EDT 2010

A windows users needs Full access to their profile under security
permissions tab.  Also the System account should be give full access.
When you set access to the profile folder be certain to check the box to
under the advanced button to propagate the settings down to all folders.

Here is a script you can use.... Create a file called users.txt and put
the users profile name in it and save it to the c:\  root folder of the
server

Copy and edit the below line as needed and save it as a .cmd file.

For /F %%1 in (c:\users.txt) do xcacls c:\profiles\%%1 /T /C /Y /G
administrators:F Changethistoyourdomainname\%%1:F System:F

You'll need  to get the xcacls.exe utility in the root.  C;\profiles
assumes that is where you store your profiles You may have to change
that path.  Also Changethistoyourdomainname should of course be changed
to your domain name.

This script will apply all appropriate permissions to the profile and
fix it for you. You can get Xcacls from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7a3e2241-d7d0-4
2b6-b86e-6eda88726c01&displaylang=en

Regards,

Jim Kenzig