[OPLINTECH] Unibrows Something to watch

Jim Kenzig jkenzig at oplin.org
Thu Dec 2 07:40:30 EST 2010

Hi All,
I came across this one today and thought I would share. There is a company
developing a product to allow IE6 applications work properly under
Internet Explorer 8 (Windows 7). This would assist with compatibility
issues without havine to us Windows XP mode.
Here is the tagline...
"UniBrows enables IE6 web applications to run inside an IE8 tab,
empowering your organization to streamline the migration process and avoid
the complexity and costs of a virtualized environment."

"Upgrade your business to IE8 on any platform, including Windows 7, while
maintaining compatibility with existing IE6 web applications- all without
changing a single line of code."

The product is called Unibrows and is currently in beta. Public beta
should be out soon.  Have a look at http://browsium.com/index.html

It is a great idea and could prove useful to those upgrading to Windows 7
but still need IE 6 compatility.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig