[OPLINTECH] Error in oplin.org/datacenter

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Mon Feb 22 08:28:30 EST 2010

One of the libraries reviewing their data in the public library data
center (http://oplin.org/datacenter) noticed a discrepancy in their
"other" FTE number. We discovered that this question was worded
incorrectly. Instead of asking for the FTE of "other" staff, it should
have asked for the "Total number of ~all~ staff (FTEs)" to correspond to
the wording of a similar question in the State Library survey. The
wording of the question has now been corrected.

Unfortunately, this means you will need to log into the data center and
make sure your FTE data is corrected for this question. My apologies for
not catching this error sooner.

Just a reminder, this data does get used, so please try to keep it up to
date. I used some of the data last week when testifying before the
Sunset Review Committee, and I know Lynda Murray will be drawing on this
data to prepare for OLC Legislative Day in a few short weeks. Changes in
your data over time help us track and report the effect of reduced
funding on public library services in Ohio.

--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130