[OPLINTECH] IE8 Security settings recommendations

Amy Wilson a.wilson at rrpl.org
Mon Jan 11 12:02:28 EST 2010

Since upgrading our library to IE8, I have had some complaints about :

1)       Prompts received when moving from a secure site to a non-secure
site

2)      Pop up blocked messages and prompts to allow or deny pop-ups

Though they are able to get to the sites by clicking thru the prompts,
these prompts tend to frustrate the user.  Just wanted to know how other
libraries configure these settings for both staff and public users.

Thanks,

Amy Wilson

Network Administrator

Rocky River Public Library