[OPLINTECH] What do you offer your patrons?

Metzger, Julie Julie.Metzger at cincinnatilibrary.org
Wed Jun 30 14:17:17 EDT 2010

All,

I am trying to get an overall picture of what other libraries offer their patrons when it comes to access on public computers and the software on those computers (PC's, not thin clients).  Anyone willing to participate and possibly advise, once the information is gathered, please email me answers to the questions below.  I apologize in advance as the list is long.

                All questions are in regards to patrons:

*         What operating systems are you currently running?

*         Do you offer more than one type of OS?  Do you have MACs?

*         Do you offer iPads or Kindles?

*         Do you offer word, excel and powerpoint?  If so what version?

*         Do you allow saving to my documents?

*         Do you offer limited, time sensitive space to your patrons for storage?

*         Do you allow saving and use of a USB?

*         Do offer Ipod or mp3 player use?  Downloads and uploads?

*         Do you offer DVD playing?

*         Do you offer DVD burning?

*         Do you sell DVD or USB's to patrons?

*         Do you offer or allow patrons to use a scanner?

*         Do you offer the use of video equipment?

*         Do you offer the following software?

o   PDF of any kind

o   Google Earth

o   Coffee Cup

o   Games of any kind

o   Roxio

o   InterVideo

o   Windows Media Player

o   Windows Live Messager

o   Any IM software

o   Zoomtext

o   Audacity

o   Realplayer

o   Quicktime

o   Itunes

o   Paint

o   Wordpad

o   Access

o   Publisher

o   Windows Movie Maker

o   LifeCam

o   Pinacle Studio Moviebox

o   Avid Liquid Pro

o   Adobe Premier

o   Adobe Encore

o   TouchIllusion Screen

o   Adobe After Effects

o   Adboe Creative Suite

o   M-Audio Ozone

o   Ableton Live lite

o   Pro-tools

o   TabEdit

o   Sibelius

o   PG band in a box

o   Steinber Cubase

o   Sony CD ARchitect

o   IE 8

o   Firefox

o   Chrome

o   Open office

*         Do you offer training on any of the software you provide?

Again, I apologize for the long list, but I am interesting in building a network of fellow Library Technology savvy individuals who are good at problem solving and are willing to work with each other to accomplish some great things!  Thanks for your time and if I can help you in anyway, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Julie A. Metzger
Computer Services Manager
The Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County<http://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/>
(513) 369-4567, Julie.Metzger at CincinnatiLibrary.org