[OPLINTECH] Still spaces available! FREE online Second Life courses from OPLIN

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.org
Wed Mar 3 07:52:49 EST 2010

/Did you know?  Gartner Group has predicted that 80% of all internet
users will belong to a virtual world
<http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=503861> by next year (2011). /

OPLIN is helping to prepare Ohio public librarians by offering FREE
courses about Second Life, the world's largest virtual environment.
These courses are held in Second Life and offer library staff members
hands-on, guided experiences in maneuvering and interacting in a virtual
space.  Courses range from introductory courses to virtual
communication, building and other skills.  There are many real-life
libraries that maintain a presence in Second Life, and we also offer a
tour to highlight some of these.

* Ready to dive into the virtual?  Check out the new spring schedule at
http://www.oplin.org/secondlife. <http://www.oplin.org/secondlife>*

/*Classes are FREE and begin next week.*/  Watch our new video to learn
more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifU5TvrSNrE&feature=channel
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifU5TvrSNrE&feature=channel>

--