[OPLINTECH] IPCop and Wifi Access

Eric Maynard emaynard at holmeslib.org
Mon Mar 22 16:48:38 EDT 2010

Actually that subject line is probably a little misleading.

What I would like to know is if there is any way to manage a pool of laptops
via and AD Domain using IPCop as a captive portal /gateway?

I have switched Holmes from using a the old Gates security model to a
centralized Active Directory one using a shared domain login.  I would like
to be able to connect to that login from several laptops that we are going
to be loaning to patrons for in house use.

Is this possible?   Does it require some kind of additional
authentication (ex RADIUS ) method?

thanks,

Eric Maynard
Head of Information Technology,
Holmes County District Public Library
Millersburg, OH  44654
Email [emaynard at holmeslib.org]
Phone [330.674.5972 x.224]
Fax   [330.674.1938]

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"