[OPLINTECH] Did you miss the announcement? Evergreen 2.0 alpha 3 released

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Fri Oct 1 08:29:42 EDT 2010

  See Sept 29th announcement at: http://planet.evergreen-ils.org/

"Evergreen 2.0, alpha 3 release ready and waiting"
"Available for your consumption, inspection, testing, development – what have you."

A virtual image built on Debian Squeeze is also available.
Be sure to get the README also.

I downloaded and installed it on VMware ESXi yesterday.

Note for VMware.
The Squeeze 2010-09-16 clean.vmdk image is ovf format 0.9 and doesn't play well
with VMWare OVFTool 2.1.
Even in the --lax mode.
You may need to do a bit of research, then make edits to
Evergreen_2_0_alpha3_Squeeze.ovf
If you want a copy of mine, for reference, let me know.

Evergreen certainly seems to be a very active project, with a lot of support.

 From http://www.web2learning.net/archives/3780
"Evergreen is starting to look like an old ILS quicker than any of the non open
source systems out there"
"it wasn’t looking like a new system anymore – but like an established system"

--
R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library