[OPLINTECH] Phone system selection advice

Don Yarman yarmando at delawarelibrary.org
Thu Oct 7 08:51:25 EDT 2010

We expect to be opening a new branch in about six months, so it's time
for me to get serious about selecting a phone system.  What we'd like to
do is buy a system for the new branch and then, in a year or so, expand it
out so that the rest of our branches are folded into one, big, happy system.

I'd like to hear from libraries who have faced (and solved?) challenges
similar to ours:

   - It's a long-distance call between some branch locations
   - We'd like to transfer calls to another branch
   - We'd like to have the option of direct dialing to some
   individuals/departments.

If you faced situations like this, I'd love your input.  Did you consider
VOIP?
Are you happy with your choice?

        Don Yarman, Deputy Director
        Delaware County District Library
        84 E Winter St; Delaware OH 43015
        740.362.3861 | AIM: yarmando
        yarmando at delawarelibrary.org

Currently listening to "The Little Stranger" by Sarah Waters, and
reading "Johannes Cabal the Necromancer" by Jonathan Howard.