[OPLINTECH] wireless printing

Lynne Welch welchly at oplin.org
Tue Sep 28 14:26:29 EDT 2010

Hi Sandy,

We use the CASSIE pc & print management system by Librarica
(www.librarica.com) for all our public computers, including our laptops
which connect wirelessly to our network. When a person signs in to
CASSIE with either a library card & password or a guest-pass ID, the
system allows them to print (after paying for the printouts). We like it
a lot, and have just recently implemented it on 16 laptops to add to our
5 public computers. The wireless aspect is pretty seamless (unless we
don't wait long enough after booting up the laptops to allow the
wireless to kick in, and then the profile doesn't load properly - but
that isn't a software issue related to CASSIE, rather to our wireless
router and the speed at which the laptops boot.)

Librarica also has a wireless solution to allow people with their own
laptops to utilize the library's printers. It's called SPOT; we don't
have it right now, but I've checked into it and if we had more demand,
we'd definitely consider implementing it.

Feel free to contact me directly if I can answer specific questions.

Lynne

Lynne Welch
Herrick Memorial Library
Wellington, OH, USA