[OPLINTECH] AprilFools II

millerst@oplin.org millerst at oplin.org
Fri Apr 1 16:02:46 EDT 2011

I just posted this to our staff listserv.

I'll be going around the building in a few minutes to see who shut their
computer off.  ... could be a training opportunity.  Yes, I'm a cruel
trainer; but I've led too many horses to water and been unable to make
them think.

:)

--------------
** IMPORTANT ALERT **
The gerbils in the server room at Ashtabula are getting tired and slowing
down our network.

In order to help maintain our level of efficiency for our patrons, please
shut down all your staff computers as soon as possible.

This eases the workload for the gerbils at the network core, allowing them
to scribble web-pages for our patrons much faster.

(Thankfully, Morgan was able to get the monkeys to stop swinging from the
ethernet cables!)

If your internet connection is still slow after you shut down your
computer, then it's probably the geese.  Migrating Canadian geese are well
known for their ability to disrupt wireless and satellite internet
communication with the internal magnetic 'compasses' by which they
navigate.

So, remember... gerbils, monkeys, geese.   Things to watch out for, even
at home.

Happy April 1st.