[OPLINTECH] Such a deal ! Disquettes 90mm

Nathan Eady oplintech at galionlibrary.net
Fri Apr 15 14:38:41 EDT 2011

"Mann, James H." <JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us> writes:

> Here's some punch card trivia for us old guys...why did you use a
> marker or crayon to scribe an X on the top of your punch cards?

Because a pencil or especially a ballpoint pen would probably leave an
indentation, and if all your cards have those indentations they won't
stack right in the card reader?

I'm guessing.  I've never seen punch cards in actual use except as a
visual aid in a computer history class.

> OK, here's some old Mac trivia...when upgrading a Mac Plus why did you
> have to cut the green wire?

Probably because there was physically no other way to get the case open,
but again I'm guessing.  I *have* used a Mac Plus, but I didn't own it
and so was never in a position to upgrade it.

--
Nathan Eady
Galion Public Library