[OPLINTECH] Social Media Policies

Katrina Miday kmiday at library.ohio.gov
Thu Aug 25 10:37:33 EDT 2011

(Apologies for the cross postings.)

Hello!

Does your library have a social media policy?  A social media policy
outlines the library's guidelines of communicating in the online world.
The guidelines can include communication by a staff member or
information from a patron such as comments on a library blog.

If your library does have a social media policy (or even if it doesn't!)
and you have a moment, please fill out my social media policy survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5V95XVN

Your responses will help the State Library provide helpful resources and
support to other Ohio libraries regarding social media policy creation
and usage.

Also, if you are a library official and are willing to share a copy of
your library's social media policy please contact me off-list.
(Information identifying an individual library can be removed upon
request.)

Thank you!

Katrina L. Miday

Library Consultant - Technology

State Library of Ohio

274 East 1st Avenue, Suite 100

Columbus, OH 43201

Tel: 614-466-1710 or 1-800-686-1532

Fax: 614-466-3584

www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

"The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
State government and libraries in providing the best service to all."

Share your story

Visit http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story
<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story>  to tell how
the State Library has impacted you!