[OPLINTECH] Legality of giving away digital copies?

Travis McAfee mcafeetr at oplin.org
Thu Dec 15 09:02:37 EST 2011

Has anyone considering giving away digital copies of movies (from movie
combo packs) to patrons for various contests (I could see giving one out to
every week to facebook fans, or Twitter followers)?  Right now, I load them
into the libraries iTunes but the iPad is completely full.  Many of these
digital copies are limited downloads, meaning that after a few months the
download code expires.  We've given some out to staffers but honestly, not
many staffers have devices capable of using them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.  Please feel free to respond on or off
list.

Travis McAfee

Systems Administrator

Way Public Library