[OPLINTECH] lockdown Network Place on Windows 7 public computers

Marlene Pelyhes mpl_marlenep at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 17:14:16 EST 2011

Hi

 I would like to deploy windows 7 computers for public
 computer use.

 When you click "Save AS" on a MS Office document, windows
 brings up a Network link which displays the network.

Has anyone locked public computers so that patrons can
only save documents to the Desktop or a removable drive ie. FlashStick?

GPO allows me to remove the C Drive using Windows Components/Windows Explorer but there is no option for "Entire Network"

 Thanks
 Marlene Pelyhes
 IT Manager
 Mentor Public Library