[OPLINTECH] coupon printer software

Tom Casey TCASEY at libraryvisit.org
Thu Jan 13 12:15:37 EST 2011

Greetings:

Would like to add that this software keeps track of and limits the
number of times a coupon can be printed for many items. So, after the
coupon for product "x" is printed anywhere from one to three times it
will no longer allow it to be printed from that computer. In my
experience it does not matter if you change the user or use mandatory
profiles. So, after patron "a" prints the coupons out, patron "b" will
not be able to do so if the limit is reached.  We had some staff members
that pushed for this software quite aggressively so I did a lot of
testing.  I think staff will accept not having this software installed
once this is explained to them because they will be more concerned about
upset patrons who cannot print out coupons once the limit has been
reached  more than with our security concerns.

Tom Casey

System Administrator

Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County

330.744.8636 x 51612