[OPLINTECH] coupon printer software

Nathan Eady oplintech at galionlibrary.net
Fri Jan 14 16:00:26 EST 2011

"Tom Casey" <TCASEY at libraryvisit.org> writes:

> Would like to add that this software keeps track of and limits the
> number of times a coupon can be printed for many items. So, after
> the coupon for product "x" is printed anywhere from one to three
> times it will no longer allow it to be printed from that
> computer. In my experience it does not matter if you change the user
> or use mandatory profiles. So, after patron "a" prints the coupons
> out, patron "b" will not be able to do so if the limit is reached.

Right.  I probably should have mentioned that: it's one of several
things I was talking about when I said it's "designed for home use and
unsuitable for deployment in a mult-user public-pc environment".

This isn't just because it's not Microsoft Word (or whatever) and
hasn't been thoroughly tested on large corporate networks.  No, I mean
that it is *by design* not suitable for use on public computers.  The
people who created the software did not intend for it to be suitable
for such an environment.  So it isn't.

--
Nathan Eady
Galion Public Library