[OPLINTECH] patron requests Gimp software on public PCs

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Jul 20 13:56:40 EDT 2011

The Gimp is pretty patron-computer friendly. I used to install it on
patron computers as a matter of course, but haven't so much lately.
Mostly just because it caters to a pretty specific audience:  people
that want to do advanced graphics editing (retouching photos...things of
that nature). For the very casual photo editing, some of the other
programs out there might be a little easier to use for novice users.
Gimp is very powerful, but has a steeper learning curve in my opinion.

I'd say that if you have patrons requesting it, then by all means go
ahead and install it for them! It's not difficult to install.

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/