[OPLINTECH] Computer Museum II

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Tue Jun 7 14:26:23 EDT 2011

Many years ago, well before most of you were born, IBM was a major sponsor at Dayton ComputerFest to show off its new OS.
During the first program of the day, in the largest auditorium available a poor besotted IBM demo guy decided that he was going to show how easy it was to install OS/2.
Two hours later, as the crowd left shaking their heads in disbelief the poor fellow was still stuffing in disks.
This stuff makes me feel like the "elder" from the TV commercial...he who speaks of floppy disks.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St.
Xenia Ohio 45385
(937)352-4000 x1210
mailto: jmann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti.