[OPLINTECH] Scanner setup question

Bill Hardison bhardison at norweld.org
Tue Jun 14 13:05:08 EDT 2011

When we set up our libraries for a LSTA digitization project we used GIMP.
GIMP is a GNU licensed (freeware) program that is VERY similar to PhotoShop
and is infinitely cheaper (free).  We used the TWAIN driver for the scanner
and just did our scanning inside GIMP (BTW GIMP stands for Gnu Image
Manipulation Program)  Click File/Create/Scanner/Camera... and then choose
your scanner.  GIMP works like a champ on XP as well as Win7.

http://www.gimp.org/

Bill

[image: v-card QR scan code]
*Bill Hardison*
Interim Director/Computer Services Coordinator
Northwest Regional Library System (NORWELD)
419-352-2903
*Yahoo IM - TechnobraryGeek**

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.*
Miracle Max: The Princess Bride (1987)