[OPLINTECH] [OPLINLIST] Coupon Printing.

joe knuevejo at oplin.org
Tue Nov 15 11:32:29 EST 2011

Coupon printing is an interesting idea as something to offer the public.

The main problem I see is most of the coupon sites, in addition to
requiring that you download and install their printing programs, will
also only allow you to print the coupons somewhere from one the three
times per coupon per computer. Also, these coupon printing options only
work in Windows.

The only way that I can see that you could offer this as a service is if
you could find a way to use virtualbox or vmware to run a virtual
machine of windows that resets itself completely between patrons, or
randomly spoofs mac addresses between patrons, or whatever means the
program and website uses to tell that you have already printed the
coupons.. in addition to all of this, these technical work arounds, if
they physically worked, would probably go against any terms of usage
that the site has..

So the short answer is for us, we do not allow this type of coupon
printing, as we do not allow the public to install any additional
software on our computers.

I wish we could offer/allow coupon printing, but I don't see how to
offer it in such a manner that it would be repeatable for each patron
without copious amounts of staff intervention..

Does anybody have any other thoughts here?

Thanks.

Joe

--
Joseph Knueven