[OPLINTECH] Virtualization

Matt Hoffman mhoffman at heightslibrary.org
Wed Oct 26 11:59:08 EDT 2011

Jim,

VMware here too.  The government pricing for their software is fairly
affordable.  We do both server and desktop virtualization, and have just
about all servers virtualized, including ADs, servers for IIS, Exchange,
Cassie, Websense, printing, SQL, etc.  We keep a couple physical ADs
(just because) and our backup server is physical as well.  We use iSCSI
SANs for the storage and multiple hosts in case of failure.  We used to
use Virtual Iron a few years back and that was great as well, though
Microsoft didn't support their products running on it, whereas they do
with VMware.

Matt Hoffman

Network Administrator

Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library

Ph. 216.932.3600 ext 284