[OPLINTECH] Dropbox and File Sharing

Joe Knueven knuevejo at oplin.org
Fri Sep 23 14:11:36 EDT 2011

We currently do not block anything.

Other than concerns over bandwidth, I don't know why I would block them.

As to the bandwidth, I think unless dropbox is installed on the desktop,
I don't know why it would be anymore of a bandwidth concern than google
docs or any of the other cloud based file servers.  After all, they
would only be downloading the files that they are opening to use, and
then only one at a time.  Also, with certain firewalls and other devices
you can throttle traffic for individual devices so that one person
doesn't hog all of your bandwidth..

Best of luck.

Joe

Joseph Knueven