[OPLINTECH] Dropbox and File Sharing

Jessica D. Dooley website at ripleylibrary.com
Fri Sep 23 16:20:13 EDT 2011

We don't block Dropbox, either. I tend to think of Dropbox as a cloud
storage solution, rather than a service specifically for
sharing/distributing files. (I don't allow patrons to install the Dropbox
program (or any other software) on public access computers, but they are
able to access Dropbox via a web browser.) Patrons' use of Dropbox doesn't
concern me about security; after all, patrons are able to download and save
files from other web sources . I feel our public access computers are
sufficiently protected by disallowing patrons to install anything, and by
security solutions software. I like Joe's suggesting about traffic
throttling!

Jessica D. Dooley

Union Township Public Library

Web Development and Content