[OPLINTECH] Dropbox and File Sharing

Karl Jendretzky jendreka at oplin.org
Thu Sep 29 13:29:56 EDT 2011

I'd be pretty surprised if online gaming was a big bandwidth eater. For client/server based games all the big graphics should be stored locally, and for Flash games you should only be looking at the initial download, which would be much better than a Youtube video if you consider the ratio of data downloaded vs time spent.

If anyone is curious, I'd be happy to run some tests and report back that stats. I'll play some Minecraft at the office......if I must.

Karl Jendretzky
Technology Manager
Ohio Public Library Information Network
jendreka at oplin.org