[OPLINTECH] antivirus...what does your system use

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Aug 27 17:37:06 EDT 2012

Good timing! We're kind of in the middle of that discussion already. Check
these two threads:

http://lists.oplin.org/pipermail/oplintech/2012-August/003643.html
http://lists.oplin.org/pipermail/oplintech/2012-August/003646.html

Recap:
* Most of the libraries I work with use SEP from techsoup with Spybot
Search & Destroy as a complement on staff computers.
* Patron computers get Deep Freeze plus Immunet (clam) plus Spybot Search &
Destroy.
* Immunet alone isn't sufficient AV, but works well as a complement to
others.
* Spybot alone isn't an AV, but works well as a complement to others.
* Deep Freeze is the final word on patron computers.

Chad

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Craig Heaton <heatoncr at oplin.org> wrote:

> Hello, my director has asked me to poll the other library systems to see
> what you all are using for your antivirus solution.  At present, we're
> using Symantec Endpoint.  It's a capable program, but I can't help but
> wonder about the myraid free alternatives that are out there.  So, what is
> your system using and what has been your experience with the product?
>
> Craig Heaton
> System Administrator, Clermont County Public Library
> (513) 735-7151
> heatoncr at oplin.org

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*