[OPLINTECH] clever children...

Kozick, Gregory gkozick at akronlibrary.org
Thu Feb 23 12:38:56 EST 2012

We use Software Restriction Policies through Microsoft Group Policy to limit the programs that can be run from our public machines. The public can still save and download files; they can even download programs, but they can’t run them. Only what Windows needs to function and the official list of supported applications can be run from a public user account.

Greg Kozick, MCSA
Network Services Coordinator

direct: 330-643-9144 • mobile: 330-351-9446 • email: gkozick at akronlibrary.org<mailto:gkozick at akronlibrary.org>
Visit It's IT<http://www.itsitblog.com/>, Your Essential Technology Source; for Valuable PC Tips and Tricks• IT Twitter: @ItsitBlog<http://twitter.com/ItsitBlog>