[OPLINTECH] Free online access to Morningstar and others

Phil Shirley pshirley at CuyahogaFallsLibrary.org
Fri Jan 20 12:48:08 EST 2012

One of our librarians is looking into canceling our online subscription
to Morningstar and instead using the free access that comes with our
print subscription. I expressed doubt, but she said that it seemed to be
the same database and that the salesman said we could have multiple
users and remote access. I still can't believe it would be equivalent.
Do any of you have any experience with this or with the free online
access that comes with other print subscriptions?

If we were to provide access to any of these, we would be faced with the
challenge of providing access to these without giving the username and
password, which I think are usually required (certainly for
Morningstar), to the world -- probably by building them invisibly into
some kind of re-direct script, if the web site for the resource in
question could handle it, which might not be too difficult I suppose.

Phil
--
Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator