[OPLINTECH] win 7 enterprise question

R Young roger.young at oplin.org
Thu Jun 28 14:26:55 EDT 2012

We just purchased 10 Gateway PCs with Windows 7 home installed.  We already have Windows 7 Enterprise and licenses to install on the new machines.  I have been installing the Enterprise version on the new computers

Two problems:  Some of the machines choke on downloading updates.  One I am doing today stopped after a few updates.  The other won't do any updates at all.  The Microsoft Fixit tool is ineffective--surprise!

But even after installing successfully, the patching process can take up to two days or longer.  The other machines have been taking at least that long to get all the patches

My question:  I have looked for a more recent version of Win 7 Enterprise on Microsoft's site, but have found only the evaluation version.  Can anyone point me to where I can get the latest version so I can install it and avoid the dragged out patching process?

thanks.