[OPLINTECH] Computer imaging & management

Joyce Smith jsmith at fcdlibrary.org
Tue Mar 6 12:47:11 EST 2012

We are considering updating our Altiris Desktop Deployment solution and wondering what other similar type solutions are out there.  The newest solution from Altiris/Symantec is this: http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/overview-altiris-deployment-solution-71.  Before trying Altiris' newest solution we would like to find out what others are using.

We want to be able to create PC hard drive images (hardware independent); remote to computers, sharing desktops to offer IT support; and push out software updates-preferably all from the same management console.

We are in a Windows environment (about 190 staff & public PCs) with server 2008 R1 at our Main Library and server 2003 R2 at four branches.

If you are using some sort of computer management software that you think you could not live without and have any suggestions for us besides Symantec's Altiris, I will appreciate hearing your suggestions.

Thank you!

Joyce Smith
Information Technology Coordinator
Fairfield County District Library