[OPLINTECH] 3M Model 966 Sensitizer / Desensitizer problem

Phil Shirley pshirley at CuyahogaFallsLibrary.org
Thu May 3 10:52:13 EDT 2012

We have several 3M model 966 Sensitizer / Desensitizer units that are
over 10 years old (maybe much older). These are two-piece things, the
bottom piece a box and the top piece kind of L-shaped in profile. One of
them is failing sometimes; we can get it to work again by pressing the
internal reset button, and then it will work again for a few weeks. We
don't have a service contract on this unit.

Does anyone have any suggestions on fixing these?

I see that Brodart sells a 3M 942 Bookcheck for $4,315; I guess that's
the replacement for our model 966. My sense is that I should be able to
get a lot more life out of my 966s but I don't know. I'd be grateful for
any feedback on that. (We have no plans to get RFID.)

Phil
--
Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator