[OPLINTECH] WOT ~ Web Of Trust

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Wed Sep 5 10:53:30 EDT 2012

Chad (Level9 Networks) showed this to me.
Added it to my Opera and seems to work without any noticeable slowdowns.
It's been around for awhile so you may know of it.

Web Of Trust at http://www.mywot.com/

It has browser extensions to help identify suspicious sites.
It is advisory only, sites are not blocked.

When using Google, there is a small colored circle to the right of a site.
Green is good, etc. Hovering the mouse over it will show symbols and information.
Symbol list shown at:  http://www.mywot.com/en/support/symbols

Any site marked RED will show a WARNING popup when accessed, even by going
directly to it.
The warning has a click box to continue on.

WOT will probably be added to all (staff & patron) PC's.

Downloads available for Firefox, Google, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari,
Opera and Bookmarklet for others.

--
Email Signature

R. W. (Bob) Neeper