[OPLINTECH] Library Printers

Tim Burns tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us
Wed Dec 4 19:35:23 EST 2013

Does anyone have information regarding printer (or multifunction device) leasing? In an earlier life I was able to lease a two networked, centrally located devices -- that could handle pretty much anything we wanted to throw at them-- for very reasonable pricing. It also afforded us the opportunity to keep the technology current, and the maintenance to a minimum. (load paper, change toner, clear baby-jams).

Lease was a set charge monthly, with minimal page count expected, and then a "click" charge for every 'side' printed. We also had to pay for staples, but toner was included.

Just wondering if anyone in the library world has a recommendation. I think it's more efficient (frugal) to do away with inkjet printers, and offer (everyone) nice print shop quality output-- even if you have to walk to the middle of the building to pick up printouts. (make folks consider if they really need to print stuff.)

--

Tim Burns
Birchard Public Library