[OPLINTECH] Rugged Laptops

Steve Owley sowley at westervillelibrary.org
Wed Jan 9 09:45:28 EST 2013

If you mean just tough laptops, I would recommend something from Lenovo's line.  We have had good luck with them so far and the build quality is pretty good.  Even better might be a Win8 tablet with a keyboard.  Those have solid state drives and the keyboards are detachable and so replaceable.

If you mean ruggedized, "milspec" laptops and tablets, then you might look at the very expensive Panasonic Toughbook line.  http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/laptop-computers.asp

Steve