[OPLINTECH] Sending messages to an iPad

Amy Wilson a.wilson at rrpl.org
Thu Jan 24 15:55:30 EST 2013

I noticed recently that Apple removed the ability to send a message to a specific iPad via iCloud unless you first mark the iPad as lost.  Does anyone know of another way to send a message to an iPad in the same manner without marking it lost?  I wanted to be able to send an administrative message to whomever is using a library IPad, that would pop up like an SMS text message and inform the user "please return at closing time".  I don't want everyone to be able to send messages to the same iPad and annoy the user or for the user to be able to talk back/use the account to send inappropriate messages, etc.  Anyone know of anything that might work here?

Thanks,

Amy Wilson

Network Administrator

Rocky River Public Library