[OPLINTECH] Reading Literacy System (software/OS ect)

Don Yarman yarmando at delawarelibrary.org
Thu Jul 25 14:51:05 EDT 2013

We have the AWE stations. If you've got the money and don't want
to devote much energy to providing computers to preschoolers,
they're fine. Personally, I think that's a lot of money to pay for
Reader Rabbit.

We weighed some alternatives. We use KidZui for our schoolage/
tween computers. Our children's librarians looked at Zoodles,
ABC Mouse, and PBS Kids Play, eventually selecting the latter.
We'll be moving to that when our AWE contract is up.

        Don Yarman, Deputy Director
        Delaware County District Library
        yarmando at delawarelibrary.org

Currently listening to "Stiff" by Mary Roach, and
reading "Man in the Empty Suit" by Sean Ferrell.