[OPLINTECH] Silverlight or not

James Guilford James.Guilford at westlakelibrary.org
Wed Jun 12 15:40:09 EDT 2013

We have for years had Silverlight installed on Windows XP, Vista, and
Windows 7 machines with no hints of trouble. I don't know how widespread
its use but Silverlight is available when needed. For what it's worth,
like you, we try and provision public PCs with a core array of
widely-used software and plugins but don't modify individual PCs per
single request. This practice makes it possible for staff and patrons to
know that all computers are reliable, similarly-outfitted, and yes, much
more manageable.  -- JG