[OPLINTECH] Cloning Computers?

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Jun 18 11:09:34 EDT 2013

Another vote for Clonezilla. Used to use Ghost before it was absorbed by
Norton and then Symantec. It worked very well, but once I discovered the
open source clonezilla, I didn't look back.

Since I typically deal with smaller numbers...less than 15 or so identical
computers and don't usually clone more than a small handful simultaneously,
I don't bother with the DRBL server for Clonezilla Server Edition. I do,
however, usually make use of whatever file server is available. I typically
store the source/master image on the server and then clone the destination
computers from the networked copy. That way you can simultaneously clone a
few computers at a time if need be, you have an image for later use, and
you don't need to mess with external storage devices or temporarily
removing the internal one from the source computer.

Good luck with your project!

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*