[OPLINTECH] PACs at ends of stacks

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Thu Mar 7 16:02:05 EST 2013

Ann
GCPL has dealt with this in a number of ways over the years.
We have some really old HP one piece computers, Dell ultra small form factor computers, and just recently two 17" laptops serving as OPACS.
As much as I value the purpose of the OPAC, I just can't bring myself to spend $1,200 on a new one-piece Dell or HP system.
Something you might consider, depending on the furniture, is to hang the cpu under the work surface with suspenders and mount the monitor to the slat wall.
Another option which I thought worked great is to use an Anthro cart which is a little wider than a standard range but not to hateful. And if you want I have a half dozen Anthro carts available so you could experiment.
HTH.
Give me a shout if I can of any further help.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St