[OPLINTECH] Ipads for library use?

Bell, Ken kbell at akronlibrary.org
Wed Mar 27 19:14:16 EDT 2013

We have two tech boxes that go around to different locations. Each box has an iPad and a couple other tablet devices. Currently these go to staff members so they can become familiar with the gadgets. We include a few basic excercises to increase familiarity. I recently met with the teen/children librarians to discuss this tech and there might be interest in using them with the public, but nothing has been formulated yet. If you plan on using it just for an ereader class, you can get Android tablets that do the same thing for less money.