[OPLINTECH] Potential Computer Vandalism

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Nov 20 10:59:37 EST 2013

I'm 99% sure that won't work for password protected hard drives. It's a
combo hard drive firmware/"secret" storage area on the hard drive thing.
The area on the hard drive platters that stores the HD password is reserved
to the hard drive itself and isn't typically exposed to the operating
system. Ie. it isn't part of the storage area on the drive that gets
formatted.

But there's no harm in trying it since the drive can't be accessed anyway.
I'd be very happy to be be wrong!!!

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*