[OPLINTECH] FYI: APC Surge Protector/Power Strip Recall

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Oct 4 15:24:48 EDT 2013

I just ran through the process myself. Pretty simple and fast. It looks
like they are not asking for us to ship back the recalled units. We do have
to agree to dispose of them, though. Also, you can list multiple units for
recall at the same time.

Kind of a bummer. I've used APC NET7 suppressors for years. The're my
favorite and are workhorses. I'll keep using them, though. Units
manufactured after 2003 are fine.

FWIW, the NET7's are being replaced with PRO8's. They're not my preferred
choice...bigger footprint...but they'll do well enough I suppose.

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*