[OPLINTECH] OPLINTECH Digest, Vol 96, Issue 20

Tim Burns tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us
Sat Oct 19 14:00:37 EDT 2013

I could not find a Cloud based solution. For example, Google's database offering (sql-ish) is not ripe, and it's expensive, and it's not friendly, yet.

Your link is to a few fund-raising solutions. (the best one http://fundimensions.com didn' t make that list) I need to track books on the shelf, as a result of donations. Karen has provided a good framework for me to start from and modify. (MySQL/PHP are open source, customizable, and free.)

Are you using canned software to track memorial, honorarium, etc. donations, and make the 'results' of the donations publicly accessible?

Thanks for responding!!

Tim

From: Steve Owley <sowley at westervillelibrary.org>

I would use the Cloud for this. Why roll your own?

http://www.idealware.org/articles/few-good-donor-management-systems

Steve

------
As an alternative, you may want to set up a MySQL database if you have a web server available. We made the move from Access for our memorial database several years ago for ease of input by staff and ease of integrating the search mechanism into our website. It's more work to set it up on the admin side, but there are no licenses involved and no fees. You'll also need PHP to run it and I use PHPadmin to manage the backend. Ours is running on a Windows server.
--Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library