[OPLINTECH] What's your favorite tool?

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Fri Oct 25 12:45:49 EDT 2013

I think I'm either pretty boring or misreading the request. Use some Google stuff but not as much as everyone else. Also I think I'm getting too old and/or too blind to use my iPhone or iPad for much of anything except work email.
She here's my boring list:

Clonezilla Server
Although I do use the Clonezilla live CD I tend to use the server to clone just about every project. I think our record was 20 laptops at once.
This FAQ is a bit dated but I chose it because it gives a good overview although newer versions use a different directory path.
http://www.computersforclassrooms.org/pdf/Clonezilla_Guide.pdf

DBAN
Dariks Boot and Nuke. Just getting to be a habit to erase hard drives on recycled computers. Doubt anyone would use it but eBAN is the server version.
http://www.dban.org/

Hirens
This is a live recovery CD. The best feature is a XP emulator which allows you to boot from CD then open an XP window so you could copy and paste a client's My Documents folder etc.
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Putty
Your basic telnet client.

Malwarebytes
My go to for anti-crapware removal
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Since it was mentioned we use either Team Viewer or Windows RDP and I also infrequently use FileZilla as an FTP client.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St