[OPLINTECH] DOS-like attacks

Karl Jendretzky jendreka at oplin.org
Fri Aug 8 11:31:10 EDT 2014

Yeah, being such a large target has always been one of the major drawbacks of using mainstream CMS software. Drupal just released an update for a very similar issue this week:

https://www.drupal.org/SA-CORE-2014-004

On the up side I'd say it's unlikely you were directly targeted. The various OPLIN server logs show friendly little bots poking us all day long, looking for odd files that usually don't exist, trying to determine the version of code we're running and deciding if it should launch a known automated exploit against us.

My opinion is that updates for things like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc are hands down more important than even Windows updates.

Karl Jendretzky
Technology Manager
Ohio Public Library Information Network
jendreka at oplin.org