[OPLINTECH] Web development question

John Springer john.springer at geaugalibrary.info
Tue Dec 2 10:33:07 EST 2014

Hi folks--

We are looking to develop some 2 web programs that will use our Sierra
APIs.

First, we want to allow patrons to create a library account online so that
they can access our online collections and resources.

Second, we want to allow patrons to choose their favorite authors and have
holds placed automatically on new materials by those authors.

The other libraries that I have found who have done these things have
written the programming in house. Unfortunately, we currently lack the
expertise in house to accomplish this.

My inclination is to hire someone to write this programming for us on a
contract basis rather than to develop the expertise in house or to create a
staff position for this.

Have any of my collegues here contracted out for this kind of project? If
so, would you be willing to recommend someone?

Thanks.

John Springer, MLS
Information Technology Manager
Geauga County Public Library