[OPLINTECH] eNewsletters

Karen Perone peroneka at oplin.org
Thu Jan 23 14:20:33 EST 2014

Kevin,

We are using BookLetters (www.bookletters.com) to send our enewsletters.
Patrons can subscribe via a link on our home page or have the option of
subscribing when they register for a library card. It's not that the
ISPs don't like it if their customers can't opt-in or out, but you need
to offer that ability to your subscribers because of the CAN-SPAM Act of
2003 from the FCC
(http://www.fcc.gov/guides/spam-unwanted-text-messages-and-email)

Mail services like Mail Chimp also offer the option of opting in or out.
The email must also contain a legitimate return email address, as well
as the sender’s postal address in order to comply.
--Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library