[OPLINTECH] Limiting WiFi after hours

Shelley Bylica bylicash at oplin.org
Tue Jul 1 14:02:58 EDT 2014

People are likely sitting on the front steps because that is possibly where they are getting the best Wifi signal.

My feeling is that if people are already paying for the Wifi with their tax monies, they should be able to access it (even though it is really only a few cents of the taxes they pay, so on and so forth). Also, the access of some (those wanting access to book returns) should not be prioritized over access of others (those using Wifi) – especially if problems are based on hearsay.

Consider put up a Wifi repeater in the building closer to where you do want them to sit, put a sign up on the front steps mentioning…

“To serve you better, we have increased our Wifi range to include picnic tables/parking lot for your comfort and convenience. Please keep this entrance clear for safety and for those who want to easily access book return bins.”

Hope that helps.

Shelley B.