[OPLINTECH] Free server up for grabs from Mt. Gilead Public Library

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Jul 2 12:39:24 EDT 2014

Mt. Gilead Public Library has a decommissioned server up for grabs. Placed
into service in October 2009 as a VMWare ESXi v4.x server, it has been a
solid server without issues and everything was in working order when it was
powered down.

It's custom built and based mostly on Intel parts:

Intel Server Chassis  (SC5400LXNA)
Intel Server Board S5000PSL  (S5000PSLROMBR)
Intel RAID Activation Key  (AXXEAK18E)
Intel Quad-Core Xeon E5450 3.0GHz processor  (BX80574E5450A)
Kingston 8GB 667MHz ECC RAM  (KVR667D2D4F5K2/8G)
Kingston 512MB PC2-5300 DDR2 667MHz ECC  (KVR667D2S8P5/512)  (for the RAID
controller)
Intel Pro/1000 XT Server Adapter  (in addition to the two onboard NICs)
Fujitsu Enterprise 300GB 1500RPM SAS hard drives (MBA3300RC) (quantity 2)

Naturally, too big and heavy for Cargo. So pick-up only.

The library is putting the server out there for free, but I don't imagine
they would refuse a donation of any amount if you're so inclined.

No guarantees or warranties express, implied, yada, yada, yada...
 (although FWIW, Kingston has a lifetime warranty on RAM and the Fujitsu
HDs *might* have a 5-year manufacturer warranty that might still have a
month or two left. The Intel stuff is all three-year, so no joy there,
though!)

Mike Kirk (Director) (kirkmi at oplin org) will ultimately coordinate with
anyone interested, but he doesn't monitor OPLINTECH. So for ease of
process, you can PM me offlist and I'll forward directly on to Mike (or at
least cc: me) so I can report back to the list in a timely fashion.

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*